Cyber Monday is when a variety of retailers trot out some of the season’s best online bargains.
While there was more of a tech focus in its early days, that’s no longer the case. Hop online this Cyber Monday and you’ll see just about anything you can imagine – clothes, computers, toys and even vacations – marked down to must-have prices.
1. Shop early: Many deals involve products that are only available in limited quantities. That means no rain checks. Once they’re gone, they’re gone. Experienced online shoppers tend to stake out the store’s website days in advance, adding the items they want to their carts. That way, they’re ready to pounce early on Monday, before stock is depleted.
2. What’s popular: Of the consumers surveyed by BlackFriday.com and Offers.com, 22 percent said clothing topped their shopping lists this Cyber Monday. Tablets, laptops, PCs and TVs were next, coming in at 21 percent, followed by smart-home devices (17 percent), gift cards (15 percent), toys (14 percent) and travel (11 percent).
3. Best deals:WalletHub.com says Kohl’s has the steepest discounts, with prices marked down by 66.32 percent, on average. JCPenney is in hot pursuit, according to the site, with discounts averaging 66.3 percent. Other retailers on the list with a Central Texas presence include Sears (52.78 percent) and Macy’s (45.58 percent).
4. Stack coupons: More coupons, more savings. Many chains allow shoppers to use multiple coupons or promo codes on the same transaction, a practice known as “stacking.” Kohl’s, for instance, lets shoppers use up to four promo codes in a single online transaction.
5. In-store pickup: If your purchase isn’t big enough to qualify for free shipping, consider same-day in-store pickup. It’s free, and Best Buy and other merchants often have online orders ready for in-store pickup in as little as an hour or two (although it might take a little longer during the busy holiday season). If your item isn’t available for same-day in-store pickup, see if there’s a ship-to-store option. Walmart and others don’t typically charge for this service. They’ll send an email or text when your purchase arrives from the central warehouse.